Roasted Curried Cauliflower

I had a full head of cauliflower I needed to use up tonight. I originally planned on making more Mock-a-roni and Cheese but never got around to it. I decided to pair it with my dinner tonight, Fried Paprika Chicken and have an 'around the world' flavors dinner tonight. Mike was not exactly thrilled with the pair of the two dishes BUT both did come out good on their own. I think next time I will make Curried Chicken with sauce with this dish. 

This recipe I made has a good punch to it. If you want it more mild I recommend using less pepper and curry. 


I found the original recipe at: nomnompaleo.com/post/3376620999/roasted-curried-cauliflower





Ingredients: 



  • 1 full head of cauliflower, chopped into pieces
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 2-4 TBS of curry powder
  • Freshly ground sea salt
  • 1/2 TSP black pepper
  • 1/2 TSP garlic powder
  • 1/2 juice of a lemon
  • (optional but I included: 1/4 TSP cilantro leaves)
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Cut the cauliflower head into uniform florets.
  3. Using a large baking dish but some olive oil on the bottom and mix around with a paper towel. 
  4. Add the cauliflower florets to the baking dish. 
  5. Drizzle a little olive oil on top.
  6. Add the curry powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder on top. 
  7. Drizzle the lemon juice on top.
  8. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. 
  9. Bake for 20 minutes. 
  10. Un-cover and discard the aluminum foil. 
  11. Bake for an additional 20 minutes. 
  12. Broil for 10 minutes. 
  13. Remove from the oven and serve.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

I'm Still Here!

Low Carb Hash-Browns