Paprika Chicken cooked in the frying pan

It's no secret I love paprika. When I make any type of eggs I always like to include this spice on my eggs. I love the sweetness to it. I found some chicken drum sticks on sale and honestly I have grown tired of chicken thighs and breasts. I thought the drum sticks would add a bit more diversity to my meal palette. I literally did a Google search for chicken with Paprika and not just Chicken Paprikash. I have made Chicken Paprikash so many times so I wanted to make something different. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com:

allrecipes.com/recipe/paprika-chicken/

The original recipe calls for baking the chicken but I did not wait super long and had a good idea I could easily make this in a skillet. I also wanted to pair it with some Roasted Cauliflower and that needed to be made in the oven. The cauliflower won the race for the oven. I will post the recipe for the cauliflower. It is a Roasted curried cauliflower Recipe. This Chicken came out phenomenal. Way better than I had anticipated. 




Ingredients:
  • 6 chicken organic thighs (with the skin still on) [2017 Update -- I ONLY eat organic chicken. Its worth paying extra for this. You can for sure taste the difference. Happier and healthier chickens = better tasting chickens]
  • About 3 TBS light olive oil
  • 1/2 TPS black pepper
  • 1/2 TPS garlic powder
  • 1 TSP poultry seasoning
  • 1 TSP paprika
Directions:
  1. In a frying pan add the olive oil and chicken. 
  2. Heat on medium, this will spatter so be careful! 
  3. Sprinkle the pepper, garlic powder, poultry seasoning and paprika on the chicken. 
  4. Fry until done, cut open a small sliver till done. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

I'm Still Here!

Low Carb Hash-Browns