I'm Still Here!

It's been almost exactly four years since I posted anything. I got talking to someone today and mentioned I have this cooking blog. From time to time I mention I have it but have not done much with it since 2013.

Why the break? For several reasons. The first reason, I became single and lost my main taste tester. Going from cooking for two to one for sure effected this blog. I also stopped posting during my break up. I did not want to advertise online what was going on and just needed to take my life off line a bit.

The second reason: I moved to a different state, not once but twice. I moved to San Diego, California in October of 2013. I was there for a year and a half. I then moved to a suburb of Dallas, Texas in January of 2015. This is where I currently live and plan on staying. I have extended family here and why I made the move. About a year ago my mom retired and also moved here. She lives about twenty minutes away from me. I also have an aunt two miles away.

I still have my dog Charlotte. She's happy, healthy and loves Texas. We go on walks and on almost every single walk I usually get a complement on how cute she is. Of course she knows it. And when no one complements her she gets upset. (Ha!)

I read my first entry and my heart ached a bit. I had to put my sweet calico cat down in 2015. She traveled to Texas from Hawaii but she barely survived the trip. I will never fly United Airline again. They did not allow her to fly in the cabin. She went under. United Airlines is  to be blamed for this and mishandling her. She missed a connection due to the airline and not a delay. While she waited for the next flight she and was not given water for many hours. She was about 13 and her body could not handle it. This and her age created a waterfall of problems. It was the most humane thing to do to put her down. She only lived with me for one week after she arrived. Charlotte, my mom and I were devastated. Since then it's only been me and Charlotte. I am also probably never going to get a cat again. No cat can compare to how wonderful Callie was. I am also slightly allergic so my allergies have gotten a lot better.

I have my own one bedroom apartment. This is the second apartment I have lived in while living in Texas. I'm living in a fun area with a ton of restaurants, shops and a few bars in walking distance. It's been good for me. I have made some friends. Mostly female.

I have been on many dates. Some were good, some were just okay, some were odd and some were just plain bad. I have been able to find amusement with some fellow single girlfriends over our bad dates. I have had a few short term boyfriends but nothing has really come of it. I'm still single. In fact, I'm at the point where I'm not even looking anymore. For the last six months or so I was actively looking but now I'm good. I would rather be single than being miserable in a relationship.

I have a very fun dog walking business. I love what I do. I love working with animals. I also walk for mostly people in walking distance to my apartment so I walk to work. I LOVE THAT!

I have a very nice large kitchen. (No more tiny kitchen for this gal!). All of my apartments since I have lived in Hawaii have all had dishwashers. I for sure did not have that in the tiny kitchen I had in Hawaii. I have for upgraded in that way. I still have very basic appliances and cooking supplies. But I have most of the supplies I need. I did get a vegetable spiralizer. I love this thing! I have spiralized so many different types of veggies but mostly zucchini.

I am going to be going through each blog entry and fixing things. It's time to clean house. But never fear, I won't be deleting most of the postings. I am just taking them off line for a short while to fix somethings such as formatting and making edits so they read easier and quicker! So feel free to leave me comments, questions or just simply say "hi." I'm still here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

Low Carb Hash-Browns