Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers



Image Source: http://paperfly.hubpages.com/hub/Bacon-Wrapped-Stuffed-Sweet-Peppers

I got the original recipe from: 
http://paperfly.hubpages.com/hub/Bacon-Wrapped-Stuffed-Sweet-Peppers

I did add a few ingredients to add more flavor. Here is what I did: 


Ingredients:

  • 2 large containers of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Sorry but I cannot stand any type of generic cream cheese, it's got to be Philadelphia and the low calorie one)
  • 1 bag (about 20-25) small multi colored sweet peppers
  • 1 TBS dried basil
  • 1 TSP dried parsley
  • 1 TSP garlic powder
  • About 1/4 of a cup of Romano cheese
  • 1 Package of regular bacon (I did cut the pieces in half so there would be more but next time I will be sure to just get 2 packages of bacon --  I recommend getting 2 packages. 
Directions:
  1. Wash the peppers. 
  2. Cut around the stem at the top to remove steam and core/seeds. The peppers should be left whole, not cut in half. Set aside. 
  3. In a bowl combine cream cheese, basil, parsley, garlic powder and Romano cheese. Mix well. 
  4. With fingers (this is messy so have a damp washcloth or towel handy) gently stuff peppers with cream cheese mixture, using a finger to poke down. 
  5. Wrap a piece of bacon lengthwise over peppers and use a tooth pick to secure into place. Covering the hole where the stuffing is prevents the cream cheese from melting out but you may wrap them however you wish. 
There are two ways to cook these. I baked them in the oven but I bet the grill would be awesome.

Grill over medium coals about 10-12 minutes, turning every few minutes. Move to the hottest part of the grill for another minute or two to crisp up bacon or until done. OR

If you do not have a grill (like me), you can roast these in a 400 degree oven for about 14-16 minutes or until bacon is cooked and crisp. (I cooked them for about 15 minutes and then broiled them for about 8 minutes).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Still Here!

Low Carb Hash-Browns