Turkey Burger's with Daikon Fries

Honestly, fries are a major trigger food for me. I just can't have one. So I came up with a substitute! You can find Daikon at any Asian grocery store. 

I found this recipe at: yourlighterside.com/2013/03/daikon-fries/





I really did not follow the recipe exactly and just fried them in a frying pan. I also had some Ground Turkey to use up so I made some Veggie Burgers to pair it with. (UPDATE: You can also bake these and I highly recommend that!)


I used this recipe as my inspiration recipe for the Turkey Burgers: 

allrecipes.com/recipe/actually-delicious-turkey-burgers/detail.aspx


Diakon Fries


Ingredients



  • 1 pound Diakon radish, skinned and sliced into 1/4" x 1/4" strips
  • 1/2 cup water, divided
  • 2 TPS vinegar, divided
  • 1 TSP salt, divided
  • 1/2 cup peanut oil, divided
Directions
  1. Put 1/4 cup water, 1 TSP vinegar,  1/2 TSP salt and 1/4 cup oil in a frying pan and heat on high. 
  2. Add 1/2 pound Diakon strips.
  3. Cook for about 10 minutes until brown. 
  4. Once browned remove from heat and placed on a plate layered with paper towels.
  5. Add the remaining diakon strips with the remaining: 1/4 cup water, 1 TSP vinegar, 1/2 TSP salt and 1/4 cup oil to the frying pan. NOTE: The frying pan will be HOT, be careful adding this to the pan. 
  6. Brown and removed from the pan, dry and serve hot. These will not be good leftovers. 
Turkey Burgers

Ingredients
  • 1 Pound Ground Turkey
  • 1/4 Cup Planko Bread Crumbs
  • 1/4 Cup Onion, diced
  • 1/4 Cup Dried Parsley, Chopped 
  • 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
  • 1 TSP Salt
  • 1 TSP Pepper
Directions
  1. Mix ingredients together. 
  2. Use the oven broiler.
  3. Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray.
  4. Make 6 patties. 
  5. Heat the patties for 10 minutes.
  6. Flip the patties and heat for an additional 5 minutes.
  7. Remove the oven, serve and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

I'm Still Here!

Low Carb Hash-Browns