Vegetable Stuffed Burgers with Oopsie Rolls

I have made the Oopsie Rolls and similar burger's before but I modified the burgers a bit so that is why I made a new blog entry. Instead of putting the cheese in the middle, I switched that and put the Mushroom and Onions inside and then added the cheese when we were ready to eat it after the burgers were cooked. These are super filling and I had veggies to eat but I was so full I skipped the veggies. 

I got the original recipes from: 


For the Oopsie Rolls:

yourlighterside.com/gluten-free-low-carb-buns-aka-oopsie-rolls/

Veggie Stuffed Burgers:

www.fatsecret.com/recipes/cheese-and-vegetable-stuffed-burgers/Default.aspx



Oopsie Rolls (low carb/gluten free)
Image Source:yourlighterside.com/gluten-free-low-carb-buns-aka-oopsie-rolls/
Ingredients:
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/8 TSP cream of tartar
  • 3 oz cream cheese (Do not soften)
Directions: 
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees. 
  2. Separate the egg yolks and whites into two different mixing bowls. 
  3. Add cream cheese to the yolks.
  4. Add cream of tartar to the whites.
  5. Use a handheld mixer and mix up the egg whites and cream of tartar first. 
  6. Then using the handheld mixer mix up the yolks and cream cheese.
  7. Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not the break down the whites. 
There are two ways you can Bake these:

Option 1: Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture into the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly. 

Option 2 (what I did): Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture into the muffin holders. (This makes about 8-10 rolls)

Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Serve and for the extra's you can either refrigerate them and/or freeze them. 

The Net Carbs per 1 Roll for Option 1 is: 0.6 grams 
The Net Carbs per 1 Roll for Option 2 is: 0.36 grams

Vegetable Stuffed Burgers
Image Source: www.fatsecret.com/Default.aspx?pa=recimd&recipeid=758

Ingredients:
  • About 1 pound ground beef (I always use the leanest I can get: 97%)
  • 1/8 TSP black pepper
  • 1/4 TSP salt
  • 1/2 TSP garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup mushroom, chopped into pieces
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 TBS soy sauce
  • 1/2 TBS Worcestershire sauce (I ran out, I would have used a full TBS if I had it)
  • 5 slices of cheese (I used a low fat sharp cheddar cheese)
Directions: 
  1. Combine ground beef, pepper, salt, garlic, mushrooms, onion, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. 
  2. Make 10 small thin patty's with your hands. 
  3. Evenly distribute the chopped mushrooms and onions on top of five burger patty's. Put the patty's without the vegetable mixture on top. Close up the sides of the burgers. You will end up with five stuffed burgers. 
There are a few ways you can cook these:

Option 1: Cook on a Grill (outside grill or a George Forman type inside grill)

Option 2: Cook on the Stove top using a frying pan. 

Option 3: Cook using the broiler in your oven. (What I did and I HIGHLY recommend trying at least once)
  1. Put the patties on a broiler pan or cookie sheet (what I did) that is covered with foil and coated with cooking spray.
  2. Broil the stuffed patties towards the top third of the oven. I moved a rack up and it made the patties as close to the top of the oven as possible. 
  3. Broil the patties for about 4 minutes. Then flip them over and broil for an additional 4 minutes. This will make them medium-well. 
  4. Pull them out of the oven and let them stand for 5 minutes before serving. 
My Dinner
I melted Swiss cheese (on top) and cheddar cheese (on the bottom) in the microwave for about 45 seconds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

I'm Still Here!

Low Carb Hash-Browns