Low Carb Chocolate Pancakes


Low Carb Chocolate Pancakes
Image source: alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/02/chocolate-chocolate-chip-pancakes-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html

Ingredients:
  • 6 Large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup almond meal (This was my modification to make these a little less runny)
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1/4 cup powdered erythrithol (I used Truvia)
  • 1 TSP baking powder
  • 1/2 TSP salt
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil (I didn't have this so I used Vegetable Oil--I recommend using Coconut Oil if you have it)
  • 1 to 1.25 cups almond milk (I did not have this either, so I used regular 2% Milk-- next time I want to use either Heavy Whipping Cream or Half and Half, my pancakes were just a little to runny)
  • 2 oz gluten-free high % cacao chocolate, finely chopped
  • Pam cooking spray for the pan
Directions: 
  1. In a large bowl, stir in the eggs first. It always easier to stir the eggs and break the yolks apart first. I did use my handheld electric mixer. I highly recommend getting one of these to mix things. Mine cost me about $8 at Walmart and the clean up is super easy. 
  2. Mix together the eggs, coconut flour, cocoa powder, whey protein, powdered erythritol, baking powder, and salt. 
  3. Add the (coconut) oil, milk and chopped cacao chocolate. 
  4. Let batter rest for 10 minutes. 
  5. Head a large skillet over medium high heat and brush with butter or coconut oil or Pam cooking spray (what I used).
  6. Using a TBS spoon, put 3 TBS in to create 1 pancake. 
  7. Cook until bottom is set and bubbles begin to form around edges. About 2 minutes. 
  8. Flip carefully and cook until second side is completely set. About 2 minutes.
  9. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter. 
I got the original recipe from: alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/02/chocolate-chocolate-chip-pancakes-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html

Comments

  1. These sound good, Holly! I may have to try them for Valentine's Day.... :-)

    Out of curiosity, I'd love to know what some of your other favorite cooking blogs are. I'm subscribed to a bunch too, but am always interested in finding more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good question. Generally, many of the recipes I post on here are from other various blogs or recipes I found on recipe websites like: allrecipes.com or fatsecret.com. A good way to figure out which blogs I read is just look at the recipes where I get credit too. I try to be really good about giving credit where it is deserved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

I'm Still Here!

Low Carb Hash-Browns