Holly's Turkey Loco Moco



I know I have said it before but I just want to reiterate how much I love food in Hawaii. Hawaii is such a great melting pot of Asian/American fusion food. Before I changed my ways every once in a while I would treat myself to a plate lunch. Usually it was either BBQ Chicken or something like that. I never really ate Loco Moco's until about three years ago. I was always afraid of how fattening they are. Regular Loco Moco's consist of: hamburger patty, rice, gravy and a runny over easy egg. 

I had ground turkey I needed to use and leftover turkey gravy and that gave me the idea to try this. I have say, this was a lighter version of the real thing. I did make rice for Mike but I skipped the rice myself. This had a nice lightness to it compared to the regular Loco Moco you buy at plate lunch places. Mike and I literally inhaled it. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup Planko bread crumbs
  • 1 turkey gravy packet
  • Eggs over easy (make as much as you want)
  • Optional: 2 slivers of onions
  • Optional: Rice (I got Mike eating only brown rice but traditionally this is meant to go with white rice)
Directions:
  1. Mix the ground turkey with the Worcestershire sauce and bread crumbs. Planko Bread Crumbs keep burgers together but I tried to use not use very much. I had no problem flipping the burgers. 
  2. For the Burgers either Grill on an outdoor grill, a George Foreman grill (what I used) or on the stove in a pan. 
  3. Cook the gravy on the stove according to the packaging directions. 
  4. Either cook the rice in a rice cooker, on the stove or in the microwave (I used the microwave). 
  5. I cut two slivers of the onions so I pulled them apart and grilled them on the grill once the burgers were done. 
  6. Cook as many eggs over easy you want on the stove, just be sure the egg yolk is runny. 
  7. Put the egg(s), turkey burger, (onions) and gravy all together. Along with the rice if you choose to have rice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

I'm Still Here!

Low Carb Hash-Browns